The organizational objectives and strategies of the 2016-2018 Goodwill Industries of South Central California Strategic Plan are articulated as follows:
Organizational Description: Goodwill Industries of South Central California (GISCC) is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization established to provide employment and employment-related services for people with disabilities, people with limited work history, people exiting the correctional system, and recipients of government support programs. GISCC assists these individuals to become more independent and self-sufficient. GISCC serves the Central California counties of Kern, Kings, and southern Tulare, operating twelve donated goods/retail stores a salvage processing center, and an administrative office. The donated goods/retail program proceeds go directly to support GISCC employment and training services.
Vision: Every person in Kern, Kings and southern Tulare counties has the opportunity to achieve his or her fullest potential through the power of work.
Mission: Goodwill Industries of South Central California provides work opportunities and skills development to people with barriers to employment.
Organizational Goals and Strategies:
Goal 1 – People: We will advance our mission through improving the lives of the people we serve. Strategies to Support Goal 1:
- Hire individuals with barriers to employment and provide them steady income to help employees achieve financial independence.
- Enhance on-going learning, on-the-job-training, and job development of employees to improve internal promotion potential and financial independence.
- Provide job placement services to help Department of Rehabilitation (vocational) clients transition into higher paying community jobs thus furthering their financial independence
- Provide assessment services to help Department of Rehabilitation (vocational) clients gain on the job direction and training. Assessments provide a way to provide feedback to potential placement candidates before the enter the workforce.
- Provide on-going safety training and promote safety culture/awareness to ensure each employee is provided a safe working environment.
Goal 2 – Growth: We will advance our mission through the cultivation of resources. Strategies to Support Goal 2:
- Open new retail stores and ADCs in Kern, Kings, and southern Tulare counties in order to expand mission services in those communities.
- Grow to the existing market opportunity in GISCC’s territory.
Goal 3 – Efficiency: We will advance our mission through continuous improvement and innovation. Strategies to Support Goal 3:
- Optimize donated goods processing system.
- Improve organizational financial health.
Expected Outcomes, Measurement and Reporting: Specific outcomes have been established for each strategy. A baseline was established, specific metrics defined, and timelines applied to allow for regular and detailed reporting to members of the Board of Directors. An annual Outcomes Measurement Report will be posted to the website.